HGTV Community Makeover

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_change_the_world/text/0,,HGTV_30676_65470,00.htm

I searched the forums for a reference to HGTV (Home and Garden TV?) and didn’t get any hits, so I decided to post. Is anyone else aware of this HGTV giveaway? Are there any catches? Is it desirable to the community? Someone sent the link to me and I’ve only given it a cursory look.

Peace, Don

Replies to this Topic

This link seems to be just a poll to vote for communities you want HGTV to look at. Isn’t HGTV the channel with the Restore America effort. Perhaps that’s worth investigating further.

Thanks Don for sharing. I am a new resident to Anacostia. I have cast my vote. In addition our office is co-hosting a community economic roundtable for December 18th with Operation Hope. It would be great to have everyone from the beta community come out. I will post more information this week. Take care.

This is a particular Rebuilding Together program sponsored by HGTV. It is not going to rebuild the entire community, but rather has specific projects selected.

1. Repair ten homes of low-income elderly citizens living on S Street SE. 2. Provide the Bethel Christian Fellowship Child Development Center with a safe playground and a proper learning environment for at-risk children in their own neighborhood. 3. Seek to clean up Anacostia Park and in the hopes of one day eliminating the stigma of having the dirtiest river in the nation. In addition to the river front, clean up efforts will concentrate on the Aquatic Education Center’s “Urban Tree House,” which serves as an environmental educational resource for children.

More details at: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_change_the_world/text/0,,HGTV_30676_65521,00.html

It won’t solve all of our problems, but would be a benefit none the less. Make sure to vote!

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Anacostia Beta Community